Thursday, November 10, 2011

Confessions from a former sugar addict

For years I've been towing the line that sugar is addictive. People smile, laugh, give me a wink and are usually in agreement but, for the most part, ignore the seriousness of the subject. Now, finally, there is growing scientific research to back up my yogic rants on the truth of the matter. Check out this link:

Fatty Foods as Addictive as Cocaine in Growing Body of Science

Next time you are hiding in the corner shoving a cupcake in your mouth before anyone notices, sneaking your kids' granola bars and cheeze-itz, or eating bowl after bowl of "healthy" cereal at 11pm, you might want to take a deep breath and think about what you are doing. Being mindful is not a happenstance occurrence, it's a full-time gig. And, as fun as it is to be a pig, well, the truth is, it may not be as "fun" or "funny" as you think. It may just be a little bit sad. Buck up young foodies. There are always options.

My new favorite thing in the world: Taste Nirvana Coco Aloe. This stuff is the nectar of life. It is refreshing, delicious, hydrating and makes you feel amazing, plus the added fiber and detox properties from aloe is quite nice. As I always say, you are nothing if you are not hydrated. If you haven't tried coconut water yet, crawl out from under that rock and buy some!

1 comment:

  1. I love coconut water. Sugar detox is the WORST feeling I've ever experienced. I went thru it in the early part of this week. I have never loathed sugar so much in my life. Great article Lori!

    ReplyDelete