Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday - gonna eat a chicken wing?

Then - eat this one:

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/boneless_buffalo_wings.html

Boneless Buffalo Chicken wings that are fried - yes fried... you can fry something in a small amount of oil and it tastes JUST as great, in fact - better - than something deep fried. Deep fried foods give you indigestion and are loaded with trans fats which can lead to heart disease and obesity.

I made these tonight with panko instead of flour. Marinated the cutlets in milk (milk with vinegar = buttermilk substitute. See above link for instructions) and hot wing sauce (below). Added salt and garlic powder to the panko. Tablespoon of olive oil in the pan - wow! Drizzle of Wing Time, Buffalo Wing Sauce (HOT) from Whole Foods and viola!

Messy, spicy, hot and delicious.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lori - I have a question for you. I posted on my blog, but it didn't really get answered. I am a vegan, with a really bad concept of portion size and control. I do Bikram almost daily. What and how much should I be eating in a day to lose some weight and still feel satisfied and strong in my practice?
    Thx - julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is panko and how is it a benefit?

    ReplyDelete